What is a
Saint Ambassadors are the faces of the Berks Catholic student body. Ambassadors are selected from all classes to assist in the recruitment of future students and to represent Berks Catholic at various functions in the school and community. Ambassadors host prospective students during "Bonding Days" or as “Saints for a Day”. Additionally, they visit area Partner schools, PREP classes, and parishes to share their Saint Pride with young and old alike. As the faces of Berks Catholic, Ambassadors agree to fulfill the school mission and our motto of God, Family, Academics and Fun by adhering to all of the standards of conduct presented in the Student Handbook. Saint Ambassadors serve as important representatives of Berks Catholic by representing the school at different functions including but not limited to: Information Night Sessions, Homecoming, Open House, Grandparents Day and Back to School Night. When scheduling permits, they may also be asked to give tours during school hours. These tours may consist of alumni, prospective families, or visiting guests. A Saint Ambassador should be comfortable speaking to small groups (4-5 people) as well as large groups (up to 100 people). Saint Ambassadors will also assist with the orientation of incoming students. All Saint Ambassadors should be role models for others in their appearance as well as in their behavior and will promote the Mission of Berks Catholic in and out of school. All students must maintain good academic standing in order to participate in this program. All students must have less than 2 detentions when appointed and may not incur more than 4 detentions in the school year. No demerits are acceptable. Students with failing grades will not be permitted to participate in a given activity if previously chosen and may also pulled from an activity on a teachers recommendation or by the VP of Academics or Discipline Application process for prospective Saint Ambassadors:
Before deciding to complete the application process, please consider the following facts: A Saint Ambassador will…
1. Understand that the BC Saint Ambassadors work closely with the Admissions Director to promote BC and represent the school.
2. Maintain a 2.5 grade point average per semester.
3. Facilitate positive relationships with their teachers and treat everyone in the school community with respect.
4. Maintain an acceptable attendance and discipline record. Represent Berks Catholic positively, respectfully and with dignity. An ambassador is a role model for other Saints.
5. Be timely and participate fully with a good attitude.
6. Each ambassador must be aware of their responsibilities, events, meetings and expectations. If he/she has a conflict with any of these he/she is to see the moderator(s) PRIOR to the scheduled event.
7. Speak clearly and confidently one-on-one or in front of groups.
8. Be responsible and accountable Christian men and women.
9. Provide assistance during school events as greeters, program distributors, etc. or guide a visiting Saint for the day.
10. Communicate with the moderator throughout the school year and check email, posted signs every day in order to respond to moderators when asked.
11. Volunteer in admissions office even after all required ambassador events have been scheduled.
12. Wear ambassador pin and complete dress uniform when working an event unless told otherwise. If an ambassador must miss an event they were scheduled for they must notify the moderator at least 48 hours before the scheduled event. A Saint will be excused due to illness, parental obligations or emergencies.
Each ambassador will be evaluated on a quarterly basis by the Admissions Office, and is subject to dismissal from the program if expectations are not met. All students are chosen on a rotation basis for activities. Students with failing grades and discipline points exceeding 30 will not be permitted to participate in any activities.