Be a Part of Something Special!
Berks Catholic has the following positions open:
- School Secretary
- Instructional Technology Education Specialist
Berks Catholic High School has an immediate opening for a 12-month school secretary to assist in the Main Office. The schedule for this position is from 7:15 am-3:30 pm.
Under direction of the Head of School, the Secretary will provide secretarial assistance to school administrators, conveying information regarding school functions and procedures; and supporting the broad array of services provided to students, parents, instructional and support employees.
- Receive/Route all incoming calls to the proper department.
- Greet and assist all visitors to the Main Office.
- Daily Attendance: maintain up to date attendance throughout the school day.
- Enters all new registered students into school databases, Focus and One Call System. Maintain all changes on the databases.
- Monitor School Year Enrollment (updates on incoming/outgoing students).
- Process all transportation requests working with 18 public school districts.
- Monitors and orders office supplies.
- Responsible for Beginning School Year/End of School Year Diocesan Reports.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of School.
Applicant must have excellent customer service skills, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, be confidential, and have strong computer skills.
Please submit resume, references, and clearances to Mrs. Sonia Perez at email@example.com
Instructional Technology Educational Specialist
Goal: The Instructional Technology Educational Specialist will promote the use of technology to support student learning and achievement. The Specialist will provide leadership, staff development, and instructional support to all instructional and administrative staff. This professional will collaborate and model techniques with the teachers. They will also provide some basic level troubleshooting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and implement best practices for use of educational technology
- Model 21st Century teaching strategies
- Promote and facilitate use of technology by teachers and students-Ongoing PD
- Collaborate with teachers to develop curriculum materials (apps, software etc.) so that they are comfortable with knowing what, when and where to integrate technology
- Assist teachers in implementing technology into their lessons
- Provide direct support along with coaching and modeling the implementation of technology with classroom teachers
- Provide a variety of staff development opportunities in areas of technology use and integration as needed
- Keep current in educational technology and instructional trends
- Monitor and coordinate all activities in regard to computers (i.e. use of carts etc.)
- Oversee Virtual High School
- Monitor Students
- Provide troubleshooting
- Provide Level I troubleshooting
- Logging in
- Accessing the Internet
- Accessing E-mail
- Using Student Information System (Focus)
- Using the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Helping students having issues with their device
- Assist in training 10 days before the start of school to:
- Train new teachers:
- E-mail procedures
- Using teacher FOCUS portal
- Using online lesson planning
- Using MacBook and iPads
- Other technology procedures
- Using Focus
- Train new teachers:
- Organize a summer academy for incoming freshmen and new upperclassmen to set up and use their iPad for school
- Be available for students for technology intense projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please submit resume, references, and clearances to Mrs. Noelle Vilardo at firstname.lastname@example.org